01 July 2011

Blog? What's that?

You may have noticed a lack of blog posts here lately.  I'm going to go ahead and blame the tiny human in our lives for that - what with her teething and growth spurting and teething and not sleeping and teething I haven't really had any free time without a still tooth-less grizzle monster nearby demanding cuddles.

So, what else has happened in that time?  I'm three, nearly four weeks behind on my photo challenge.  Nev has had one whole day off work. The cats went to the vet for the annual check up - Basil has gained 500g this year and Zari's teeth are shocking so now I get to try and brush them(!).  Nev's Gran turned 90 so we went north to attend the party and Alex was cuddled by many old ladies.  We haven't had curtains in the living area since Monday as the curtain rails had to come down so our new windows could be installed.  Alex has started throwing herself forward onto her stomach (from sitting) quite often and it almost looks like she might be trying to finally figure out this crawling business.  But not before she yells into the carpet a lot.

And finally, I've perfected the art of making a Brownie in a Mug.  Because I feel so guilty about neglecting my blog I'm going to share the recipe with my dear readers - all 11 of you (including my Mum).  

Ingredients:
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp vegetable oil (not an oil with a strong flavour, which I don't have so I just melts me some butter instead...!)
2 tbsp water
Dash of salt

Instructions:
Put dry ingredients in a mug and mix.  Add oil and water and mix well - it's easy to miss mixing the dry ingredients right at the bottom of the mug.  Lick spoon.  Contemplate eating mixture as-is.  Nuke for about 1 minute (1:20 in my 1150W microwave).  Brownie should still be gooey in the centre when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment